About the Assessor’s Office
The Assessor’s Office is responsible for estimating the fair market value and determining the classification of each parcel of real estate property in Todd County.
Property assessments are made by accredited and certified staff from the Assessor’s Office. Properties are physically viewed at least once every five years. Additional on-site reviews may occur more frequently due to ongoing construction, recent sales activity, or if otherwise noted for review. On-site property reviews are used to determine the physical characteristics of the property and the use of the property. The Assessor’s Office maintains assessment records on approximately 24,500 real estate parcels. We follow professional standards, as established by Minnesota Statutes and the Minnesota Department of Revenue, to provide uniformity and fairness in property assessment.
Values are established as of January 2 of each year. The sale prices of properties that are sold are compared with their assessed values to determine whether the assessed values of the district meet state requirements. Notices are mailed to each property owner in the spring of each year advising the owner of the property value and classification and the process to appeal if the owner disagrees.
The Assessor’s Office provides information to property owners, appraisers, real estate personnel, attorneys, banks, and the general public. Most information in the Assessor’s Office is public, except for data subject to the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act.
Listed below are applications and forms available online for the public convenience. If you don’t see a form listed and would like it available online, please contact the Assessor’s Office. 320-732-4431
Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
The following link contains parcel specific information for the current property tax year as well as the current assessment year.
For additional current year market value and classification information please contact the County Assessor’s Office at 320-732-4431.
For additional information regarding current year tax statements please contact the County Auditor/Treasurer’s Office at 320-732-4469.
- Homestead Application
- Homestead Fact Sheet
- Addendum to Homestead Application
- Special Ag Homestead Application – Trust owned
- Special Ag Homestead Fact Sheet
- Green Acres Application Form
- Green Acres Addendum Form
- Green Acres Fact Sheet
- Agricultural Use Verification Form
- Rural Preserve Fact Sheet
- Rural Preserve Application Form
- Class 1b – Blind or permanently & totally disabled (Homestead)
- Disabled veteran – 70% or more disability (Homestead)
- Surviving Spouse of Total & Permanent Disabled Veteran
- Primary Family Caregiver of Disabled Veteran (Homestead)
- Disabled Veteran Fact Sheet
- Sustainable Forest Incentive Act (SFIA)
- 2c Managed Forest Land Application
- Approved Listing of Forest Plan Writers
- DNR Forestry Directory
- Property Tax Relief for Forest Landowners (packet)
- Non-Profit Community Service Form
- Non-Profit Community Service Application
- Property Tax Exemption Application
- Property Tax Exemption Appl (Institution of Purely Public Charity)
The sales listed are bare land sales of 35 acres or more and may include agricultural land. The sale dates of these parcels range from October 2017 thru September 2018. The land type varies for ea...
The 2019 Assessment Summary contains a summary of the valuation changes made to various property types for the 2019 assessment. The data is separated by township/city. The sales ratio data used to...
2019 Local Boards of Appeal and Equalization schedule....