Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Please visit the Minnesota COVID-19 Response page to see the numbers of lab confirmed cases in Todd County. Local transmission of the virus is occurring.COVID-19 is a new disease and we are still learning about it and to what extent it may spread in the United States. The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to person through droplets when an infected person coughs or sneezes. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby. It may also be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose or eyes. Symptoms may include cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, or at least 2 of the following: fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, shore throat, new loss of taste or smell. If you feel sick, stay home and call your healthcare provider before going to see them. Contact 911 if you have a health emergency.
To protect yourself, family and others from getting and spreading respiratory illnesses like the coronavirus disease 2019.
- Frequently wash hands with soap and water. When and how to wash your hands.
- Stay home when sick. Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces. For more information on how to prepare and take action.
- CDC how to make a face covering.
For information for specific subgroups of people, see CDC’s guidance at:
- Recommendations for People at Higher Risk and Special Populations
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 Information for Travel.
Todd County is coordinating donations of the following items:
- Disposable protective face masks
- Disposable isolation/protective gowns
- N-95 masks
- Clear plastic face shields
- Safety goggles/glasses
- New/unopened/sealed hand sanitizer
- Surgical caps
- Food-grade gloves
- Non-medical grade gloves
- Medical grade gloves
- homemade face masks
If you would like to make homemade face mask, please follow the following instructions- How to Make a Face Mask
Please call Todd County HHS at 320-732-4500 if you would like to make a donation, have a PPE request, or any other questions.Donning and Doffing Facial Protection – Mask alone [Video]
How to make Scrubs (pattern):
Scrubs top: utilize a simple t-shirt pattern to create scrubs top of all sizes. Top should include a chest pocket and two side pockets such as the image shown attached. Collar in image not required. Scrub top should be made from a broadcloth cotton/polyester blend fabric. Fabric should be less 55% cotton or less in any color.
Scrubs Bottoms: Utilize a pajama bottom type pattern. Side pockets preferred, but not necessary. Drawstring or elastic waist. Scrub bottoms should be made from a broadcloth cotton/polyester blend fabric. Fabric should be less 55% cotton or less in any color.
- All styles of caps will be accepted. However, larger size caps are better because ALL HAIR needs to be covered all the way to the nape of the neck. Of the patterns available online, the ones that have both the elastic at the back, and the ties, and are more ‘bouffant’ style are best so those with long hair can get it all covered.
- Fabric should be cotton or a cotton blend. Cotton blend is best because it doesn’t shrink as much.
- Fabric must be new. At this time we do not have fabric donated for volunteers to use. The purchase of fabric would be considered an in-kind donation. If donated material becomes available, we will share that information with you.
For Questions and Answers
County Press Releases
12-30-2020 COVID-19 (Vaccine Update)
11-19-2020 COVID-19 (Executive Order 20-99)
11-19-2020 COVID-19 (Orden ejecutiva 20-99)
11-12-2929 COVID-19 (Update Executive Order 20-96)
11-12-2020 COVID-19 (Actualizaciones de Orden ejecutiva 20‐96)
10-23-2020 COVID-19 (SB y subvención sin fines de lucro)
10-23-2020 COVID-19 (SB and Non-profit Grant)
10-23-2020 COVID-19 (COVID Testing)
10-23-2020 COVID-19 (Pruebas de COVID)
10-12-2020 COVID-19 (Cases)
10-12-2020 COVID-19 (Los casos de COVID)
09-04-2020 COVID-19 ( Return To School)
08-04-2020 COVID-19 (Small Business Relief Grant)
07-24-2020 COVID-19 ( Mask Face Covering )
07-09-2020 COVID-19 (County Reopening Phase 3)
06-19-2020 COVID-19 (County Reopening Phase 2)
06-15-2020 COVID-19 (At Risk Guidance)
06-04-2020 COVID-19 (Transfer Station Open Saturdays)
06-04-2020 COVID-19 (First Death)
05-28-2020 COVID-19 (County Offices Phase 1 Reopening)
05-22-2020 COVID-19 (Update)
05-15-2020 COVID-19 (Survey Request)
05-14-2020 COVID-19 (Update)
05-14-2020 COVID-19 (Actualizar)
05-08-2020 COVID-19 ( Recursos financieros )
05-05-2020 COVID-19 ( Financial Resources )
05-05-2020 COVID-19 ( Property Tax Penalty Relief )
04-30-2020 COVID-19 ( COVID-19 Testing )
04-24-2020 COVID-19 ( Household Hazardous Waste )
04-21-2020 COVID-19 ( Mask Collection )
04-17-2020 COVID-19 ( Playgrounds, parks & outdoors )
04-13-2020 COVID-19 (Lab Confirmed Cases)
04-12-2020 COVID-19 (First Lab Confirmed Case)
04-09-2020 COVID-19 (Stay at Home Ext. and Religious Services Guide)
04-07-2020 COVID-19 (Cloth Face Covering)
04-01-2020 COVID-19 (Care At Home)
03-31-2020 COVID-19 (County Transfer Station)
03-27-2020 COVID-19 (Travel Clarification)
03-26-2020 COVID-19 (Stay Home Update)
03-23-2020 COVID-19 (Declaration of Emergency)
03-19-2020 COVID-19 (Wellbeing Resources)
03-18-2020 COVID-19 (Sheriff’s Office)
03-18-2020 COVID-19 (Public Access)
03-18-2020 COVID-19 (Food & Meals)
03-17-2020 COVID-19 (2)