The Long Prairie River Watershed has been selected by the MN Board of Water and Soil Resources (BWSR) for the One Watershed, One Plan program. This program allows counties to transition from county-based water management planning to watershed-based planning. The planning area for the Long Prairie River One Watershed, One Plan includes portions of Douglas, Otter Tail, Wadena, Todd, and Morrison Counties. The County Boards and SWCD Boards in each of these Counties have entered into a Memorandum of Agreement for the purpose of developing a watershed plan to restore and protect water resources in the Long Prairie River Watershed planning area. For more information, click Long Prairie River Watershed.
One Watershed, One Plan Information
- Vision Statement and Guiding Principles
- Long Prairie River Newsletter – Volume 2
- Long Prairie River Planning Region Maps
- Long Prairie River Newsletter – Volume 1
- Long Prairie River One Watershed, One Plan Collaboration Memorandum of Agreement
- Policy Committee Bylaws of the Long Prairie River One Watershed, One Plan Collaboration