The County Recorder is the custodian of the land records and vital statistic records pertaining to Todd County. It is the responsibility of this office to preserve these records in an archival quality format and assure easy and accurate access to the same.
Duties are defined as:
- Record documents relating to real property transactions in Abstract & Torrens Divisions
- Transfer Name & Address of taxpayers as a result of a recorded document.
- Calculate, Collect & Receipt State Deed Tax, Mortgage Registration Tax
- Collect & receipt Recording Fee and Well Disclosure Certificate Fee.
- Collect & distribute Well Disclosure Certificates & Certificate of Real Estate Values.
- Maintain indexes and issue copies of all recorded documents.
- Maintain and issue copies of birth, death and marriage certificates.
- Process Marriage License Applications & issue marriages license
- Process MN drivers license and MN ID applications.
- File and maintain Ordinations
- File Notary Commissions